Saturday, July 12, 2008

It is what it is.

I've been getting a few more people into LOST lately, and the best part is watching their reactions as crazy stuff happens. Start of season 2.





You know it.


"Oh hey Nate. I know I give you allergic reactions, but I'm just gonna climb all over you. Cool?"




Went out for dinner with my literal bro, thought we would try a new mexican joint called Don Pedro. It was ok, not to toot my own horn, but I can make better burritos at home and I think I will next time. Note for veg heads: Beans are lard free, but the rice has chicken broth in it. Just a heads up.


California Burrito. So many beans, probably not the best choice for a first date.


Fried Ice Cream. I was super stoked when I saw this on the menu as I hadn't had any since Chi Chi's closed down who knows how long ago. Kind of a let down, but it is what it is.


Here's one smiling face that wasn't a let down. Ari holding down the dishes, afro pick and all.



Went to check out a few metal bands at the Albert afterwards, and they did not disappoint. Besiege was on a serious Thrash tip. They covered VIO-LENCE, and much moshing ensued.

Evil Survives absolutely floored me, this band is going to go places.

This may or may not have been serious. I guess you'll never know.



Dinner date with Sarde!

Met up with this lovely lady at Miyabi. New joint to me, but not to the sushi scene. I sat back and relaxed and she ordered for both of us.


After a brief appetizer round, the craziness started. I can't remember what all the rolls are, but I'm sure with a trip to the veg section of the menu, you will be pleasantly suprised.



Eat it 'til it's gone.



Funny face aside, she held her own.



Held her own so much that we popped into Baked
Expectations for a quick slice of their Key Lime Pie.

Would you expect anything less?

4 comments:

Mio said...

I should take pictures of my dad's face... he's confused and has been this entire season.

P.S. I come to your blog via Lindsey's.

The Great Gandalfini said...

can't wait to watch more season two and get the party pizza.

L.L. said...

Told ya Miyabi is great!
Me and my buddy Scott may go on a sushi date this week... wanna join?

pat456 said...

....pink taco